New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - Battery says Not Charging

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tmorgan1689

tmorgan1689 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb

I just noticed my battery says Not Charging and when I unplug the Magsafe connector my external display shuts off and the computer goes to sleep. Any ideas? The connector also shows green on the LED. The charge says its at 95%, it was at 100% this morning.

With the Macbook open thought and my external display as my primary when I unplug the connector it doesn't go to sleep. I don't know whats going on lol

Macbook 2.16/2gb/160gb
32gb iPhone 3GS
8gb Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorgan1689 View Post
I just noticed my battery says Not Charging and when I unplug the Magsafe connector my external display shuts off and the computer goes to sleep. Any ideas? The connector also shows green on the LED. The charge says its at 95%, it was at 100% this morning.

With the Macbook open thought and my external display as my primary when I unplug the connector it doesn't go to sleep. I don't know whats going on lol
Have a look here, Very odd "Battery" Problem, please help, sounds similar.
QUOTE Thanks
tmorgan1689

tmorgan1689 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb

Problems gone now, still have no idea what it was. I think its designed to go to sleep when the connector is unplugged and the laptop is closed. Back to 100% now.

Macbook 2.16/2gb/160gb
32gb iPhone 3GS
8gb Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen
QUOTE Thanks
technicallykool

technicallykool is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Black 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HHD, Dual-Boot Windows XP SP2

I had the same thing, it said "Not Charging" and the thing was green even though my battery was only at %90. I unplugged and replugged it in and the light went amber and it said [~} (0:11) I have a macbook black 2.4ghz 2gb 250gb hdd.

Hope this helps a bit.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Possible G4 ibook IDE controller issue ? | MacBook restarts when Idle: Regardless of Energy Saver settings »