New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

MacBook - MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tenp

tenp is on a distinguished road

Recently I bought White Macbook 2.2 GHZ with Santa Rosa processor embedded. I was quite happy as the new Macbooks had just released. Several months later there is another upgrade for them.
According to rumors, it is expected to have upgraded Macbook Pro and Macbook, but I have no idea what they are going to improve. If anybody knows, please, any suggestions about improvements? I wanna play games, not old ones, that's why I can't stand to use the Macbook anymore.
If there are no significant changes, will anybody tell me, where can I purchase a Macbook Pro with the lowest possible price whether it is directly from USA or other countries. I am a student, so I can get a student discount! The point is I wanna a new Macbook Pro with multi touch and improved video graphics card. From USA it will cost 1799$ that is equivalent to £900 what is still much as I will have to pay for postage. Any suggestions?

Macbook Pro 2.5GHZ/250HD/4GB RAM/Logitech G3/SteelPad
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

rohan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Quad i5 12GB| OS X.x | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

hehe...this seems to be a misconception, santa rosa is not a processor...it's a platform...you have a merom processor.

as for the other part of your question...the new macbooks & pros have the penryn processor which uses a 45 nm die. How this benefits you is a marginal performance boost & better power efficiency...it also supports DDR3 RAM.
the new macbook pros have 512MB nvidia GPUs so if you want to play games...thats your best bet.
& all the new macbook pros have multi touch..
if you want/need the performance...get the pro
QUOTE Thanks
nZa

nZa has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP

if you're going to be playing games, get a macbook pro from apple, and i'd recommend a refurb

with games, it's about the video card, not so much the processor.
QUOTE Thanks
tenp

tenp is on a distinguished road

Get to the point! I need an answer, and I perfectly know that Macbook Pro is for games )
2 Nza: I would like to have a new one with higher hard drive capacity, multi touch, better both videocard and processor! Should I order it from USA or from other countries? Are there any possible ways to get it cheaper to a maximum extent.
At the same time, I will have to sell mine, it is over 4 months old, upgraded to 2GB of Memory. Ebay, Amazon? Amazon charges 10% from the price, Ebay - big competition. Any other online markets? I intend to sell it for £700, however, in apple store you can find refurbished 2.2 White 1GB for £649 )

Macbook Pro 2.5GHZ/250HD/4GB RAM/Logitech G3/SteelPad
QUOTE Thanks
MascisMan

MascisMan is on a distinguished road

If you are spending MBP kind of money and want a gaming laptop why not get an Alienware?
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

rohan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Quad i5 12GB| OS X.x | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

i do feel alienware is kinda overrated...if you get the new macbook pro 17" u will get a killer notebook...with good graphics (512 is default now) from nvidia...a really good screen (you can upgrade to the 1920x1200 hi-res) & you can now run windows on it! (hence all games that run on pcs)
alienware cannot run leopard!

plus you can get the student discount if you order from apple.com (i'm not sure if u get it on other apple stores)

<< i can explain it to you...but i can't understand it for you... >>
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New Hard Drive Is In French, Mother Tongue English. Help | Upgrades? »