New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac g3 boots to black screen, runs fine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

noahsmom

noahsmom is on a distinguished road

I have a Graphite iMac g3 slot drive, running 10.3. After a couple days sleep, it woke to a black screen. I've replaced the battery, reset pram, both with the button inside and with command, option, p & r keys. It chimes on startup and keys make all the appropriate noises normally heard when pressed, it goes back to sleep as programmed to. (light pulses) I pushed F15 several times because I think that's the "bright key?" When I blindly move the mouse to the bottom to open an application, I can hear the hard drive run, so it must be running whatever it is I opened. Something to note, it's possible we had a slight power outage/surge? My clocks were OK but I had my eMac screen appear very dark, but not quite black, when I woke that after being out of the house all day. I did some research and was able to reset it. I thought that was odd, and very scary. It was the next day when I woke the iMac that I saw it had the black screen. This could be a coincidence.
Thanks,
Terri (noahsmom)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panasonic HDTV with no Picture? | C2D cores Temperature!! »