New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Can't Connect to wireless Network :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spazzbecker

Hi Everybody.

Well here's the problem got a Imac with the Airport Extreme card installed, running OS panther, using in the house a BT Wireless Router 2100. (which does work with 2 other pc's and a laptop)

When I go to network settings in the mac and scan for networks it does detect the BT network, but when I go to connect it says that there has been an error and must check the settings..

I have everything set to auto and have enabled DHP but still no luck.

What can I do to correct this problem??
The imac worked in the last wireless network set I had.

Cheers

Carl
QUOTE Thanks
Princess C

I have the exact same problem. I have a G3 ibook with an airport card and i am running in panther. When i am at school and i try to connect to the wireless network, it says that there has been an error and must check the settings. No matter what i do i cannot contect to the network. I really do not understand this because my computer is still able to connect wirelessly to 2 other wireless networks that i use. I am wondering if I have to go into the preferences and fix something because maybe a preference is corrupt. The hardware is obviously not the problem since i can still connect wirelessly at other places and the only place where i experience this problem is at school. If anyone has any information about how to fix this problem please let me know. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« using G4 500 CPU in B&W G3 | usb drive not connected »