My first gripe with the iMac
    And maybe it isnt even a mac problem, but why, when I wake my iMac up, or reboot it or start it up does it take like 10 minutes to be able to connect to the network? not the internet, but the office network? What is it doing in those minutes of not even recognizing that there IS a network? Is it wondering where in the universe it is? It's just irritating that it takes so long to see the network.

Any thoughts on this?

Arlington Heights, IL USA
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    Not sure, how are you connecting to your network? I have my iMac w/ Airport Extreme card connected wirelessly to my home network and it only takes about 10 seconds at the max to connect after a restart.
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

10/100 Ethernet cord to the router. Like I said, getting on the internet is instantanious, but the office network is painfully slow to even show up.

Luxemburg, Europe
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    This sounds more like a problem within your network, not specifically to your Mac. The Internet comes physically over the same network, so if Internet works, the Mac has a connection to the network. I would suggest to check your authentification server (the one that manages access rights to the different servers on the network), maybe it's too slow...

Thread Information