New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac G5 screen problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ladymac66

ladymac66 is on a distinguished road

I don`t now if anyone would know ,but I`m hoping so. My son decided to take a magnet to the screen of my I-mac G5 computer and now it has all kind of lines going down the front of it. ( he liked the colors it made when he put the magnet to it ) does anyone know if there is something I can do to get the lines off the screen. Thanks .
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to correct forum - Not just anything goes in Anything Goes*
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

OOOOHHHH!

Have you tried running Apple Hardware Test? Should be on your install DVD, maybe under extras, options etc. The final program checks the pixels and may just do the job and keep him (and his magnet) away from the iMac LOL!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is my G4 on it's last legs? | need input please »