New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Just got the Imac G5!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ryanstech

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? We ordered a few last Friday and I just got my 20" in! I can't stop hugging it! here are some pics.... I'm itching to take the back off and see the inside, I will try and get some pics of that if you guys are interested (with a better camera)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P0005364.jpg (74.7 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg P0005362.jpg (112.2 KB, 108 views)
QUOTE Thanks
psychotoe

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago.

Where are you located. I'm in Toronto

By the way thanks for the pics, it only make me want mine even more!!!!

Congrats!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I am in Chicago. I can't believe this thing! It's not just the normal white casing like most emacs, imacs, this thing has about a centimeter of clear plastic which makes it shine a lot. It's like a giant iPod! My next action is to get the back off and look inside this beast
QUOTE Thanks
psychotoe

nice take some more pics if you can.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

The inside.....breathtaking in person let me tell you! First picture shows the 3 screws on the bottom to remove the back panel, the second picture is the back panel and hinge for the stand. The other two pictures are of the inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P0005365.JPG (350.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg P0005369.JPG (331.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg P0005371.JPG (488.9 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg P0005373.JPG (526.0 KB, 77 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I just showed this off to someone in the office and they asked... "Does it run Windows XP?" As you can imagine I felt like breaking the guys nose, but he doesn't even know the difference between a printer and a phone. Harmless.

I want to look deeper inside but it's only 2" thick so it's all pretty much right in front of you. I might take the casing off the G5 chip and heatsink 2maro to see what they did with that.
QUOTE Thanks
adiliegro

I got my first one today too. I am anew convert to the Mac and picked mine up from the Apple store (drove two hours one way to get this beast). I got the 17 inch monitor, and I already LOVE it!
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

congrats! it's a piece of art isn't it?
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

man im so jelous
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I'm taking my job for granted lately, this is almost as good as being an Apple certified product reviewer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P0005382.JPG (378.5 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg P0005383.JPG (346.7 KB, 79 views)
QUOTE Thanks
adiliegro

Oooooh...is that a PC I see there? Why are you letting it touch that iMac?
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Congratz yo! I checked them out at the store and believe I have seen the beginning of the revolution!
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Im using my PC at the moment and when a Pic finishes loading XP automatically zoms out. This is where I can see the beautiful glow of that LCD! Whats the screen like? Good? Great? Unbelieviable?

Also, if you've got some information you would want to get from those cool Powerbooks to your new iMac, follow the link within this link. It's an iMac G5 only feature.

Look at this great feature
QUOTE Thanks
Antix v5

I just got mine from the apple store last thursday. Its my first Mac and i love it, exept the ram wtch will be fixed soon.
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Congrats Antix v5! I got my first Mac not long ago.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMAC PAV board | G3-350 --> System Failure »