Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo, G4 Power Book, iMac Graphite
    Question Broadcast to FM from IMac (how to)
    I would like to broadcast a radio stream from my iMac to FM radios in the house. This is because I can regularly pick up my favorite NFL team's radio broadcast via internet on the Mac but have to sit at the computer to listen. I know that the Griffin Rocket is available, but it has very bad reviews. On the other hand, I use my excellent Kensington car broadcaster with a 110 to 12 volt plug adapter to broadcast my iPod throughout the house (works exceptionally well). Is there a way to use the Kensington with the iMac? Problem is (at the very least) the Kensington has a male plug for the bottom of an iPod as does the iMac. Is there an adapter or a cable that will address that issue? Would that then give a signal out from the iMac to the Kensington?

Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibof View Post
    I would like to broadcast a radio stream from my iMac to FM radios in the house. This is because I can regularly pick up my favorite NFL team's radio broadcast via internet on the Mac but have to sit at the computer to listen. I know that the Griffin Rocket is available, but it has very bad reviews. On the other hand, I use my excellent Kensington car broadcaster with a 110 to 12 volt plug adapter to broadcast my iPod throughout the house (works exceptionally well). Is there a way to use the Kensington with the iMac? Problem is (at the very least) the Kensington has a male plug for the bottom of an iPod as does the iMac. Is there an adapter or a cable that will address that issue? Would that then give a signal out from the iMac to the Kensington?
    So, you're looking for a cable with the male audio out on one end and female iPod data connection on the other? I highly doubt there is anything like that out.

January 2008 Member of the Month

Thread Information