New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac G5 Sound

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bennybenz10

Hi. I was wondering if the iMac G5 came with any sound. Any built in speaker, or something if I were to watch an edited movie or DVD. If not, what speaker is good to get with it?

------update----

I just found that it has built-in stereo speakers. Are they any good?

THANKS!
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Hi benybenz10,

I doubt anyone will know here, cause there aren't many or maybe even none members who would own one, though, you might want to give your local Apple Store an email and ask them. There are many good speakers out there, I wouldn't know any good ones though

GOOD LUCK!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

See also this thread here...
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/9011-imac-g5-speaker.html#post48106
QUOTE Thanks
Graeme43

Graeme43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I love student discount (sig)

Of course the iMac G5 has speakers, its an all in one machine isn't it.

iBook G3 (2001) 500MHz 384 RAM 9.2.2 / 10.2.8
Titanium PowerBook G4 (2001) 500MHz 768 RAM 9.2.2/10.2.8
Mac Pro (2007) 4x2.66GHz, 6GB RAM, 10.6.7
iPad 3G + iPhone 4
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

The iMac G4 was an all in one machine and had no speakers built in.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I would imagine they're decent speakers. Not top notch, but probably better than what would come with a PC. Steve wouldn't have it any other way.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

It is actually a nice design, the speakers are built in to the bottom on the imac, and bounce off of the surface it stands on, i think it is a lot better than the pro speakers, because those were openly exposed and got REALLY beat up.
QUOTE Thanks
Animatronica

Quote:
The iMac G4 was an all in one machine and had no speakers built in.
Actually, The Imac G4 DID have built in speakers. I prefered those over the external ones as they took up a lot less space. The sound quality was pretty bad though.
I would assum esince the new Imac G5 doesnt have any external speakers that its internal ones are half-way decent.
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatronica
Actually, The Imac G4 DID have built in speakers. I prefered those over the external ones as they took up a lot less space. The sound quality was pretty bad though.
I would assum esince the new Imac G5 doesnt have any external speakers that its internal ones are half-way decent.
The iMac G4 had 1 speaker in t, mainly used for system sounds or for if it was in a lobby as a search computer.
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Well, I don't care either way, as I <3 my headphones.
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

Yes, I once had no headphones with me, and my pro speakers were broken and i was working on a song in garage band..... It was horrible
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

One of the speakers blew in my headphones today.

*cries uncontrolably*
QUOTE Thanks
psychotoe

I have it hooked up to my reciver and I have these old 60's speaker that still kick really good.

That is an opption. You can get a used reciever and then two used speakers for really cheap and hook it right to you mac. I get full stereo sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
One of the speakers blew in my headphones today.

*cries uncontrolably*
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

Oh, I found they do have speakers, sterio I think

www.apple.com/imac
QUOTE Thanks
Ryanstech

I can now personally tell you that the G5 iMac speakers sound amazing. Completely hidden yet sound just as good as the apple pro speakers. Bass isn't the best yet for how small they are and the whole bouncing off the surface thing, they have a surpising punch to them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G3 Beige Details. | From the creators of iPod? »