New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Buying a G5 for my vidoe class

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ifonlyihadag5

My teacher has just let me know that he plans to buy a g5 in the next few weeks for our video class. I am trying to figure out what the best deal and system are. I told him to get the dual 2.0ghz with 2gigs of ram and upgrade to the 128mb video card as well as get 25gigs of hd space. I also suggested applecare final cut express and Adobe photoshop. This totals up to about 3500 dollars I belive with edicuational discounts.

If any one has any opinion on more or less ram, higher processor video card, whatever I'd love to know.
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

First of all, you're talking $3500 American, right?
QUOTE Thanks
octohunter

I may wait until later on in September. There are some new releases coming that may reduce the price of this machine. Right on with the applecare though!
QUOTE Thanks
.emo.

dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by .emo.
dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.
You shouldn't encourage people to do something illegal...
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Quote:
No, you shouldn't!

Doing that violates many copyright laws resulting in serious penalties...How can you sleep at night while knowing that you have over $1,000 worth of stolen applications on your computer?

:rolleyes: ....I just don't get it....
QUOTE Thanks
.emo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
No, you shouldn't!

Doing that violates many copyright laws resulting in serious penalties...How can you sleep at night while knowing that you have over $1,000 worth of stolen applications on your computer?

:rolleyes: ....I just don't get it....

your right im up every night thinking I CANT BELIVE I HAVE THE ADOBE SUITE ALL APPLE HIGH END PROG MACROMEDIA 2004 AND MANY MORE.... HAHAAH
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

Quote:
your right im up every night thinking I CANT BELIVE I HAVE THE ADOBE SUITE ALL APPLE HIGH END PROG MACROMEDIA 2004 AND MANY MORE.... HAHAAH
Your lack of conscience doesn't make it right to spread your illegal thinking...

Anyway, it's against forum rules, so just simply stop it please.
QUOTE Thanks
Icarus

I love how the non-mods believe they are mods. *cough* NARC *cough*
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus
I love how the non-mods believe they are mods. *cough* NARC *cough*
Just helping the mods...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Graphics Card? | PowerMac vs. iMac »