Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    ifonlyihadag5
    Guest
    Question Buying a G5 for my vidoe class
    My teacher has just let me know that he plans to buy a g5 in the next few weeks for our video class. I am trying to figure out what the best deal and system are. I told him to get the dual 2.0ghz with 2gigs of ram and upgrade to the 128mb video card as well as get 25gigs of hd space. I also suggested applecare final cut express and Adobe photoshop. This totals up to about 3500 dollars I belive with edicuational discounts.

    If any one has any opinion on more or less ram, higher processor video card, whatever I'd love to know.

  2. #2
    Nightblade
    Guest
    First of all, you're talking $3500 American, right?

  3. #3
    octohunter
    Guest
    I may wait until later on in September. There are some new releases coming that may reduce the price of this machine. Right on with the applecare though!

  4. #4
    .emo.
    Guest
    dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.

  5. #5

    Avalon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 25, 2004
    Location
    Luxemburg, Europe
    Posts
    1,779
    Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by .emo.
    dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.
    You shouldn't encourage people to do something illegal...

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Dec 28, 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    911
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Quote Originally Posted by .emo.
    dont waste your money on FCE and Photoshop. download the installers and serial numbers off limewire.
    No, you shouldn't!

    Doing that violates many copyright laws resulting in serious penalties...How can you sleep at night while knowing that you have over $1,000 worth of stolen applications on your computer?

    :rolleyes: ....I just don't get it....

  7. #7
    .emo.
    Guest
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
    No, you shouldn't!

    Doing that violates many copyright laws resulting in serious penalties...How can you sleep at night while knowing that you have over $1,000 worth of stolen applications on your computer?

    :rolleyes: ....I just don't get it....

    your right im up every night thinking I CANT BELIVE I HAVE THE ADOBE SUITE ALL APPLE HIGH END PROG MACROMEDIA 2004 AND MANY MORE.... HAHAAH

  8. #8

    Avalon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 25, 2004
    Location
    Luxemburg, Europe
    Posts
    1,779
    Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Quote Originally Posted by .emo.
    your right im up every night thinking I CANT BELIVE I HAVE THE ADOBE SUITE ALL APPLE HIGH END PROG MACROMEDIA 2004 AND MANY MORE.... HAHAAH
    Your lack of conscience doesn't make it right to spread your illegal thinking...

    Anyway, it's against forum rules, so just simply stop it please.

  9. #9
    Icarus
    Guest
    I love how the non-mods believe they are mods. *cough* NARC *cough*

  10. #10

    Avalon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 25, 2004
    Location
    Luxemburg, Europe
    Posts
    1,779
    Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus
    I love how the non-mods believe they are mods. *cough* NARC *cough*
    Just helping the mods...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First Day of Class
    By Kash in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:14 PM
  2. MBP in class
    By todd51 in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •