New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - What is the max resolution the Mac Mini 2.0GHz can output?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kola

Kola is on a distinguished road

Anyone know? I looked and looked but cant find this info.
QUOTE Thanks
mo_albaker

mo_albaker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature...

Hi

Resolution Support: 1920x1200
Details: The DVI video output supports digital resolutions up to 1920x1200. Apple also reports that it supports the "20-inch Apple Cinema display and 23-inch Apple Cinema HD display; supports coherent digital displays up to 154MHz; supports non-coherent digital displays up to 135MHz." VGA output (using the provided adapter) supports analog resolutions as high as 1920x1080. S-Video and composite video (to connect to a projector or TV) requires the Apple DVI to Video adapter (sold separately).
--
M B

17' 2.4GHZ MBP C2D, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD
2.8GHZ Mac Pro, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 500GB HD
iPhone 8GB, iPod 80GB, tv 160GB
QUOTE Thanks
Kola

Thanks m8. I'm looking to buy the 20" cinema display to compliment my mac
QUOTE Thanks
JohnJohn

JohnJohn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi

Is this data similar for the 1.8ghz mini? I have one with 2gb of ram and thinking about buying a 24" or 28" LCD Monitor. That's about $500+ these days. Since it only does 1900x1200 would a low end 32" HD LCD be a better investment?

Sorry don't mean to hijack the tread, but if the info is the same it might be useful for searchers in the future.

Thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
Kola

your not hijacking m8 its a fair question. The 1.8 and the 2.0 are exactly the same except for HD size, Superdrive and CPU.

The GPUs are the same so yours will have the same res.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

This type of information (and much more) on models is always available on Apple's site. Just look at the "Tech Specs" for the model in question.

If it is a previous model, then look under the "Specifications" link on the Support page.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

http://support.apple.com/specs/

[EDIT: beaten to the punch]
QUOTE Thanks
JohnJohn

Mac Specs: 15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi

What are your opinions on this part of my question.

"I have one with 2gb of ram and thinking about buying a 24" or 28" LCD Monitor. That's about $500+ these days. Since it only does 1900x1200 would a low end 32" HD LCD be a better investment?"

Sorry I have limited knowledge on the differences in LCD Monitors vs LCD HDTVs. Not sure how the 1900x1200 limitation might effect that.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Kola

The amount of RAM you have doesn't make a diff re the resolution you can power m8.

You want to look for a screen with a res of 1900 x 1200 or less.

Whats all the "only does 1900 x 1200"????? Thats a superb res mate.

As for an HD TV what are you looking at using your computer for? Web design? Logo Design? Photoshop or any other type of pro use where colour matching is essential? If so get TV out of your head and get a monitor. If your just viewing the web and watching DVD IE none pro use an HDTV would be fine.

Hope this helps. If it does please DONT rate me up. I hate the idea of this rep thing. Instead I am collecting warnings for swearing like John Sparton of Demolition man
QUOTE Thanks
JohnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kola View Post
The amount of RAM you have doesn't make a diff re the resolution you can power m8.

You want to look for a screen with a res of 1900 x 1200 or less.

Whats all the "only does 1900 x 1200"????? Thats a superb res mate.

As for an HD TV what are you looking at using your computer for? Web design? Logo Design? Photoshop or any other type of pro use where colour matching is essential? If so get TV out of your head and get a monitor. If your just viewing the web and watching DVD IE none pro use an HDTV would be fine.

Hope this helps. If it does please DONT rate me up. I hate the idea of this rep thing. Instead I am collecting warnings for swearing like John Sparton of Demolition man
Not knocking the 1900x1200 by any means, sorry for the "only"

Some web design, but that's mostly done via the browser anyway, not really designing in my book. More like blogging, not real desgin.

I was hoping to turn it into a media Mini. So if I can kill two birds with one stone, I would like too. Something decent for surfing and mail. While allowing me to USB an EyeTV to it. Maybe use it as a monitor for a few months then move it to the wall in my study. I use a 20" Dell with it right now. That is mostly for TV in the Study. The EyeTV works great I just want some more real estate. The 20" Dell needs to move to my MBP, where the REAL work gets done.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« powermac g4 1.25 upgrages | Anyone still use the G3's? »