New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

combining G5 & 17"PB displays?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrego

Hi all

This is my first post. I've searched for an answer but cant find one, sorry if I'm asking a common question.

I have a 1.25Ghz 17" Powerbook (and love it) and am soon to get a beefy G5 with 23" Display. Can I have a dual display setup between the two machines? I don't want to see the 17" desktop on the 23" ... I want to stretch apps across both displays, mainly editing and graphics apps. So is this doable and how do you go about it, the info on the apple site confuses me. Just want to be sure before buying.

Not long to go before I can turn my back on windoze forever!
Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

Well, first off, Welcome to Mac-forums!

Second, if you are talking about using the Powerbook as the computer, yes, you can connect the 23" cinema display to the powerbook directly(assuming you are getting the latest displays) and stretch the image from the PB.

I do not believe you can use the Powerbook screen with the G5 though...Meaning you can only stretch the screen when running it from the powerbook. I am relativley sure about this, but powerbook owners can confirm it!

Again, Welcome to Mac-Forums! This is a great forum full of knowledgeable and friendly mac-users.

In case you didn't look to your left already, I'm AppleJustWorks!
QUOTE Thanks
mrego

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Well that's interesting to know, thankyou. Strange it works one way but not the other. Now that I'm a total mac convert, I'm sure I'll be stopping by a lot more.

Thanks again and you're right, apple-just-works.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My G5 is spazing out! | mouse seizures »