New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - g4 Quicksilver power fault

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonathans

jonathans is on a distinguished road

I have a powermac g4 800mhz which was working fine until i went to switch it on and the powerlight at the front goes on an then straight back off again.

I have repleced the ram with others but it still does the same.

It doesnt make the faulty ram sound and im unsure if its a powersupply fault. The light goes on for a second and then swithches off. It doesnt sound like the hard drives starts up either. I tries another blank hard drive in and that doesnt help either.

any ideas please.

thanks

jonathan
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Here are a number of suggestions to get you started on the fault.

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archiv...p/t-65879.html

Hopefully reset the PRAM or internal battery will see you up and running.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« what hardware should i get preinstalled? | Problem upgrading RAM »