New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Sleep mode with latest security updates on Powermac g5

Thread Closed

knemonic

Curious, has anyone noticed now that with the latest security patch that apple put out, the powermac g5s, it sounds like either the hard drive or the fans dont turn off? before the update, when i put my mac into sleep mode, i could not hear it, like it was off. but now i can hear either the fans (which i think is it) or maybe the hard drive is still going. i dont like this since i sleep near my mac and it is not loud, but it is there, you know.

also, anyone found out if there is a way to make the new 20" cinema have the button put the mac straight into sleep? the new optiion you can choose to turn the button to not do anything, turn the monitor off and go into sleep or wake. when it is in sleep/wake mode, it prompts you if you would like to go into sleep, restart, cancel or shutdown, which annoys me. i want it to just go like they had before.

later all!

Thread Closed

« Password Protect Files | Strange but desperate request »