New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Strange but desperate request

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Styjan

I was once the owner of an original Lime Green iMac. It came with a bundle of software which included a William Sonoma Cookbook. I have been killing myself trying to find a recipe that only seems to be on that CD. If anyone still has access to that CD could you please post the recipe for Beef Paprikash? And may I also add that you should give it a try, it is excellent!

Sorry if this is a little off normal topic. Thanx!
QUOTE Thanks
flonejek

Heh, I don't know that recipe, but I know a friends mom who makes a really nice version of it, I'll see if I can get th recipe for ya
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Have you done a google search for Beef Paprikash?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Styjan

Yes, I have searched google and the William Sonoma site, but I could not find the exact recipe from the CD.
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

Bon Appétit...
Badger
PS: try substituting buffalo or horsemeat for beef. Délicieux!
-----------------------
prep: 35 mins
cooking: 3 hrs
total 3 hrs 35 mins
Serves 6

ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, or lard, or bacon drippings
3 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2 inch cubes
salt and freshly ground pepper
5 tblsp sweet hungarian paprika
2 large yellow onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tblsp tomato paste
2 cups (16 fl oz) beef stock
1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill

Warm 1/4 cup butter (or lard or drippings) in a heavy frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tblsp of paprika. Brown the meat on all sides in batches and set aside.

In a large heavy pot, warm the remaining butter (or...) over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender and translucent ( about 10-15 mins). Add the garlic and remaining paprika and cook for a few minutes longer. Add the tomato paste, beef stock and browned beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.

Taste and adjust the seasoning, remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and dill. Serve hot.
QUOTE Thanks
Styjan

You are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much. You do not know how happy you have made me.
QUOTE Thanks
Nightblade

I've never even heard of this food before. A Hungarian chili-like food, you say? Based on the ingredients it sounds pretty good, and I'd be interested to try it sometime
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

That sounds so good, I may have to learn to cook now!
QUOTE Thanks
PinkPhishDoors

WOW!!! you went through HELL to get that recipe, must be really good
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sleep mode with latest security updates on Powermac g5 | Upgrading from Geforce2MX to Radeon 9000 64mb »