Thread: weird printer errors
08-09-2004, 01:40 AM #1
weird printer errors
- Member Since
- Feb 07, 2004
- The Golden Bear State
- Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.
I know, I know, I'm really a Power Mac girl, but this week I'm at a family camp that has iMacs with 9.2.2. I was trying to help someone print something out of their email, but the iMac wouldn't let me print it.
Here's what I did:
1. I went to the Chooser and selected the printer I wanted to use: an HP deskjet 6127.
2. The iMac asked me for the computer's network address. I found a piece of paper that I thought had the network address on it, but when I typed it in it said it was incorrect.
3. After a few failed attempts, I went to the front desk to see if they could help me find this mysterious network address. Sadly, the staff couldn't figure it out and told the person I was trying to help that they should use the only Doze machine in the computer room.
What should I have done? Did I do the right thing? Am I even close? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions."Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
08-09-2004, 09:59 AM #2
- Member Since
- Dec 24, 2002
- Los Angeles, California
- 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
It has been a while. But here is my shot. Normally there is a menu function on the printer that you can scroll through. You should be able to print put the printer confiiguration page. On that page you should be able to find the ip address you are looking for.Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By paddyowen in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 09-11-2014, 08:09 PM
By Smartz in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-19-2009, 12:34 PM
By XMARLTONX in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 0Last Post: 06-28-2009, 09:45 PM
By AIX in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2007, 03:30 PM
By lunchbill in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2005, 03:45 AM