New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - New HD problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gsheffer

gsheffer is on a distinguished road

I bought this drive to replace my system drive on my dual 2 G5.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ATA_400GB.html

When put it in the computer and booted up the lights (Red and yellow) in the front on the inside stay on now - they never go off when the computer is on. The drive works, but in Disk Utility I cannot restore my old system drive to this new drive. My machine takes a long time to boot too. Just not acting right since I put this new drive in. I am still running the sytem off the old drive. Is this new drive not compatable with my G5? Anything I can do to get this drive to shape up?
QUOTE Thanks
blinkin357

blinkin357 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro quad-core 2.66gHz, Leopard, 9gb RAM, one 250gb, two 500gb and three 1tb internal SATA drives

ONE - I suppose that it's too late to return it to B&H? I buy a lot from them and would expect them to take back anything that doesn't meet my expectations.

That aside,
TWO - I'd contact the drive manufacturer for help and
THREE - if that didn't work out, I'd put the drive into an external enclosure and buy another drive for internal installation. If you're anything like me, you can't have too many external drives for backups.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac vs Mac Pro | Is an IMAC right for us? »