New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - G5 Dual fan noise

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dino D.

Dino D. is on a distinguished road

Can anyone tell me how to muffle the G5 Dual. The fan noise is driving me crazy (sounds like a jet reving up when it goes into hyperdrive) and I don't want to overheat the tower by placing a baffle around it. Any solutions please would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
desmoboy

desmoboy is on a distinguished road

Noise is relative, just how noisy is it- is it at full blast? You could try downloading OnyX to reset the temperature cache to see if that ~it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pricce me? | need a PCI USB card for G3 powermac »