New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - interesting thing happend today...

Thread Closed

macTruck1105

macTruck1105 is on a distinguished road

First of all I walked up to the computer and saw a firmware update box. I downloaded it and intalled it. No problem. A little later, I had Safari opened and was almost done posting a message in forum similar to this one. All of sudden it was like someone was holding down the delete key. My freshly typed text was deleting itself one character at a time. Immediately afterwards each browser window closed itself down and eventually the application also closed(safari). I shrugged it off as a ghost or something and didnt pay any mind. Later on I opened safari and noticed that all my bookmarks in one of my folders were gone. The other folders where fine, just this one in perticular. I called applecare and they helped very very little. They are great 95% of the time, but not this time. The person I spoke with seems to think it was the firmware update. Has this ever happened to anyone here before? Could this some kind of bug or virus or me?

Thanks in advance.
macTruck1105

macTruck1105 is on a distinguished road

Oops I guess I should take this post to the another area huh?

Sorry new here
MacHeadCase

No problem, macTruck. I see you have posted in the correct forum so will lock this one.

Btw, welcome to Mac-Forums!

Thread Closed

« How hard is it to upgrade new iMac's hard drive? | attention new imac - problems with video card »