Newbie question about G4 MDD keyboard
    Hello, all! I'm excited, as I've been a dedicated Windows user for years, but just made the "switch" via eBay over the last week or so.
    I sold my Windows desktop and laptop, and found good deals on a "bare bones" G4 tower (1.25 CPU, MDD) and a 1 gig G4 iBook.

Part of getting a "good deal" was buying the tower in parts. It was a stripped tower, and I had to buy OS X, RAM, hard drive, and keyboard/mouse.

Unfortunately, I have all the parts in today, but am still waiting on the keyboard & mouse! According to the tracking info, it will be in around Thursday.

But I don't want to wait that long! I have a USB mouse that I've plugged in that seems to work fine. However, I'm curious:

Will a generic USB keyboard that is designed for PC work with my G4?
    I know it sounds elementary, but I thought about just running to Walmart and picking up a cheap keyboard to use until my Apple gets here.

I realize it won't have the specific Apple buttons, but will it work for basic typing??

I just really want to get my system and software set up!

Thanks for your help!

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    In a word, yes. I've used generic USB keyboards with my MacBook Pro with no problem. You'll be prompted to answer a few questions about it when you plug it in, but after that, it will work.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Thread Information