ptrixx
    G3 Beige Wrong Date Battery replaced.
    I have a G3 Beige (OS 9.2.2) that I just replaced the battery, and still every time I startup it says that my time and date is wrong, it comes up as Aug 27, 1956. If I have just put a new battery in, what else could cause this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Did you try leaving the computer on for a day or two to make sure the battery is completely charged?
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

ptrixx
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan
    Did you try leaving the computer on for a day or two to make sure the battery is completely charged?
    I was unaware that it wasn't charged when I bought it. I will leave it on for a couple days and see if that helps.

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrixx
    I was unaware that it wasn't charged when I bought it. I will leave it on for a couple days and see if that helps.
    I'm not really sure if they come charged or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt to leave it on to see if that helps.

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You may have a bad battery.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
    The PRAM battery is a non-rechargeable battery. It is full when you buy it and you replace it when it's empty...

I guess you got a bad battery, try a new one.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
    The PRAM battery is a non-rechargeable battery. It is full when you buy it and you replace it when it's empty...
    You're right. I'm not sure why I assumed it was rechargeable. I guess I just figured that the battery would last longer if it had a built-in "trickle" charger to keep it topped off.

Badger
    I have a G3 Beige (OS 9.2.2) that I just replaced the battery, and still every time I startup it says that my time and date is wrong, it comes up as Aug 27, 1956. If I have just put a new battery in, what else could cause this problem.

Is it possible that you put the old battery back in by accident? I've done that. Also, try zapping the PRAM or resetting the PMU. The PRAM should have been reset when you removed the battery but if it wasn't it may be corrupted.
    As noted above, the new battery may not be good. If it has been sitting on a store rack for a long time it may be already be below specs.
    Badger

Specs:
    MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
    just have the battery checked out by the store where you bought it.

is the battery expensive like the one for emac.
    Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
    The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in

ptrixx
    As crazy as it sounds i left it on for a couple days and now it hold the time. Wierd!

Thanx for your help.

Specs:
    As crazy as it sounds i left it on for a couple days and now it hold the time. Wierd!

Thanx for your help.
    The same thing happened with my Beige G3, which is weird since I now know they aren't rechargeable batteries. :confused:

Specs:
    Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Sound like your be going through the Y2K again... but without a hitch! It's a Mac...

Doh!... Your supposed to reset your PRAM, when you insert a new Battery otherwise your machine won't know if anything has changed... You might want to check the box that says "Set Time & Date automatically"

G3 Beige Wrong Date Battery replaced.-screenshot_05-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information