New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - quicksilver G4 with hp2335

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

loosemoose

loosemoose is on a distinguished road

hey all,

I have a Quicksilver G4 with the stock dual graphics card that allows you to hook up an ADC display as well as a VGA display. This model also came with bootable OS9 and OSX software. I mainly run this computer with protools on OS9 (I know it's time to upgrade - but I have tons of protools plugins that are OS9).

Anyways - I've been using my 17" Apple (ADC connection) LCD monitor that I purchased with this mac with no problems. I was recently looking to gain some more screen real estate and purchased a used HP2335 LCD. Hooking that up to the VGA connection, I can't get 1920x1200 which the mac I htought the grapics card should be able to support and is the monitors native resolution. Everything basically looks slightly fuzzy. I hooked the monitor up to my macbook pro and the resolutions crisp and solid.

Is this an OS9 issue of not being able to support that resolution or is a graphics card issue? And if it is a graphics card issue, is their a reasonable upgrade card to get on an older mac model like this?

Any help is much appreciated!

thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Loud buzzing from new Intel iMac 20" | Slow response to keyboard input »