New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - g3 powermac upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ronss

ronss is on a distinguished road

hi, yesterday i bought a powermac 3, and it works okay, loaded, but is dreadfully slow. but at least i am in the mac world, but i don,t have the patience for such a slow rig, considering i have 2 custom built pc,s that are VERY fast. but i want to have a apple computer, but something somewhat faster that the g3.. i get a $1000 next month, but i am thinking i can get something maybe around the 300-400 dollar range that should be quick... should i get a quicksilver g4?????
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What are the specs on your Power Mac G3? Is it the Blue and White model? What version of OSX are you running?
QUOTE Thanks
ronss

ronss is on a distinguished road

hi
no, its a clear plactic, and blueish green and blue. its 450 mhz, 2x9gb raid, dvd, rage 128 32mb, ultra scsi card. 10-100t, mdm, keyboard....he said it was about the tops in its time when it came out...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« a HUGE ?? | 24" White LCD Screen Issues »