New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - New Imac and connecting to a HDTV?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

flibberflops

flibberflops is on a distinguished road

Hi,
a newbie here with my 1st post....

I am seriously considering replacing my PC with a new imac however I am finding it difficult getting information about connecting the imac to a HD LCD TV.

I found information me telling me how to physically connect the mac to the TV however I have some extra questions which i am finding it difficult to find answers...

1) I am guessing that the Mac can cope with dual displays being two different resolutions?

2) My mac and TV would be virtually side by side. So when watching HD content, ideally I would like to have a blank screen on the mac while doing so. I am guessing you cannot turn off the screen on the mac (because obviously its all in one). So how would I get around this... a screen saver or something?

3) Finally I have seen various codec downloads for the Mac, so I am guessing that sourcing all the weird and wonderful HD codec's is not a problem on the Mac?

Cheers for any pointers you can give me.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

1) No Problem... I'm doing it now.

2) Just turn the Brightness all the way down... the screen will look like it's off.

3) Not real sure...

Welcome to the forums!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac G3 333Mhz HD Question?? | B+W rev1 G3 IDE issues - solution? »