New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - power mac 7500/100

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

robina80

robina80 is on a distinguished road

ive got a power mac 7500/100 and when i switch it on, the monitor doesnt show anything all that happens is the led turns on when i switch on the desktop and a few seconds later the led turns off i persume because it doesnt see an input
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

any help please?!?
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

anyone???
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

so theres no one here who can help me, i find that impossible
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Bumping your thread every couple of hours just ticks people off. Being impatient and demanding doesn't exactly make people want to help you.

Oh, yeah, your problem. Hmm. Going to have to think about that one for a few days.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Seriously, now. This is a twelve-year-old computer. How long have you had it? Where did you get it? Has it ever worked?

Where did you get the monitor, are you sure that that works?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

At this point and with the info provided, I am not sure what is going on but will think about it and get back. This is the system he is talking about by the way.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/appl..._7500_100.html

Like Tech asked, did you get this used? Was it broken when you got it? Did it ever work?
QUOTE Thanks
cowasaki

cowasaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.

You need to swap things about to find the answer. Is the video cable captive? If not swap that out. Can you take the computer to someone else's house and plug it into another monitor? Does the monitor work with another computer? Is the computer actually booting up - does the caps lock light go on and off when you press the button?

You need to supply far more info.

Experienced computer user, applications programmer and component level service engineer but came to the Apple platform with intro of intel!. Pro-photographer and director of electronics company.
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

the video card is built in the motherboard so no i cant swap it
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I am not sure this will solve it but it can not hurt to try it. Power on and hold COMMAND-OPTION-P-R right at the startup sound and keep them down and see if you hear 2 other startup sounds. It might take a bit so keep the keys down. That is resetting the PRAM and on some older Macs like that, it's worked for me. Can't hurt to try it.
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

is command option the button with the apple logo and to the right of it is a square with curvy bits at each end
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robina80 View Post
is command option the button with the apple logo and to the right of it is a square with curvy bits at each end

Sorry, I usually state both. Yes, Command is the key with the Apple and the Cloverleaf looking thing. Option is right next door in the middle. You hold the Command(APPLE)-Option-P-R keys all at the same time. 4 keys.
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

the option button is the button that says ALT or is it the button that says CONTROL,sorry for asking really dumb questions is just that im a complete newbie to apple as its my dads apple
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

ALT. ALT is the Option. I take it you might not have an Apple keyboard?
QUOTE Thanks
robina80

i have got a apple mac just not familiar with it as its my dads, im a pc user but i do want to get into apple macs and possibly move away from pc's altogether
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 3gb vs. 4gb on New iMac | Newbie needing help. »