New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - g5 ram question and hard drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stang7tl

Stang7tl is on a distinguished road

I just got a daul 2.3 g5. it has 2.5 gb of ram and 250gb hard drive I want to put more ram in it and another hard drive What kind of ram can i use can i buy some off of newegg that is something like g.skill and does it take ddr or ddr 2? and could it damage the computer? lastly can i put a 500gb hard drive into it and what kind do i need ide or sata?
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
rolto1822

rolto1822 is on a distinguished road

you should find RAM that is labelled as being compatible with a g5 mac, you can get it on the well know auction site 'flea'-bay (dunno if you're allowed to post the real name) as for the hard drive you can use a standard SATA hard drive, i just installed a 1TB one in my dual 2.5 so i'm sure 500GB will be ok
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacPro Quad Core | Accessing PC Hard Drive on Mac G3 via USB »