New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac Memory Upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The PSWii60

The PSWii60 is on a distinguished road

Well, I"m strongly considering getting an iMac. I had considered getting a Mac Mini, but i want a 2Ghz Mac Mini, 160GB HDD and 2GB of RAM. I know that there are no online stores that sell that wtih those specs, and if I go to the Apple Store, those specs, and the apple keyboard go to about $1165 including tax. I thoguht to myself that's not a good deal. I then considered getting an iMac (lowest end model). It comes with a large HDD, a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse, so no need to buy any major accessories (except for the mouse, I just may use my current USB mouse). I can get it on MacMall.com for $1144 including a $50 mail-in rebate. Here's what's bugging me. I want 2GB of RAM. Luckily, the iMac comes with a 1GB module, and not 2x512MB modules. That way, all I have to do is buy the appropriate 1GB stick. I want to know if this RAM would work on the new iMacs:

http://tinyurl.com/2waoph

I'm pretty sure it has the exact same specs as the new iMac, but i'm not sure if it's copmletely compatible. What's bugging me is that since the new iMac just came out, these companies haven't really updated their specs to approve/disapprove the compatibility of the RAM. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me whether that RAM is compatbile wtih the new iMac. Thanks :-)
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

From what I've heard the memory spec hasn't changed on the iMacs. Its been the same since the first Intel iMacs...
QUOTE Thanks
Joe Diver

Joe Diver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.

Looks like the same one I just bought from Crucial...works perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Low battery indicator problem | G4 - but can ANYONE identify which model? »