New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iMac malfunction

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ShutUpandColor

ShutUpandColor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD

First question: Does the iMac take mini cds? Mine ate my little CD. So I poked another CD against it to pop it out and it ate that CD too. No matter how many times I hit eject it doesn't eject.

Second question: How the heck do I get my CDs out of there

I think pregnancy is about as weird as it gets. Shooting DNA at each other so some little parasite can grow inside one of your organs.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Don't put mini cd's in a slot load drive, the arm that is used to push out a normal sized CD will never be able to push out a mini CD.
There is an eject button on most Apple keyboards or drag the CD to the trash or right click and eject (control click if you use a 1 button mouse).
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Unless ur asking how to get mini cd's out. Well you will have turn ur computer over and shake it out while gravity does what it does. I dont know how else to do it.
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
ShutUpandColor

Yeah, the eject on the keyboard doesn't work and then there's no CD icon that pops up on the desktop. I'm afraid to turn it over and shake it because I don't wanna rattle anything loose. I've poked around best I could with stuff but I'm afraid I'm going to ruin something in there. I'm probably just gonna have to buy an external CD drive.

I think pregnancy is about as weird as it gets. Shooting DNA at each other so some little parasite can grow inside one of your organs.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You have to hold down the eject on the keyboard for at least 2 seconds, but still I doubt it will eject. Turn it carefully sideways and shake it gently.
QUOTE Thanks
ShutUpandColor

I could sit on the eject key and it still won't eject. I'll try the shake I guess...good thing I have insurance.

QUOTE Thanks
ShutUpandColor

Well, shaking doesn't work. It's actually lodged in there. I guess I could take it back to Fry's for repair

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G5 Ram! | Dual Channel Memory »