New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - slot load 2001 imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ki99

ki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the roughki99 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

i'm working on a summer 2001 slot load imac. while trying to upgrade from 9.0.4 to 9.1, it froze. we had to unplug it, and upon turning it on... we got that flashing question mark. the slot load drive doesn't eject so we can't boot from it, and it wont boot from disc on an external cd drive. any help?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Have you tried pressing and holding the mouse button on reboot. That should eject the disk that in the drive. Sounds like you have a corrupted system folder, so you will have to reload the system folder.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Tanner31593

Tanner31593 has a spectacular aura about

If the mouse button doesnt work you could try the paper clip in the right hand side of your CD drive.
Ah, the Summer 2001 iMacs. Ya just gotta love 'em! On one right now.

After i upgraded my ram from 384MB to 768MB, i didnt really see much difference in OS X, but in OS9, that thing flew! I still wish i had OS 9 on here, its a nice Pick-me-up when im feeling my computer is obsolete.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video card upgrade | open firmwear boot issue »