New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

I heard that in order to get the keyboard and mouse to work, you need to pair them with the computer. I ordered the bluetooth mouse and keyboard along with my computer(under Apple Keyboard and Mouse).. Does this mean that it only comes with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse, or does it come with the wired mouse and keyboard, and the bluetooth ones....Since I NEED a wired keyboard to pair the Wireless keyboard..I certainly apple thought about this!

I'm starting to get worried about the choice of the bluetooth devices, since I'm reading a lot about lagging, not being able to wake it from sleep, etc.. Someone please tell me I didn't just waste $99!!
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

I can't answer your first question, but I can tell you that all wireless keyboards and mice have issues with loss of connection, lag, and not waking from sleep. However, bluetooth tends to be a bit more reliable than other wireless devices.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

Call Apple... I bet they can tell you.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

I guess I'll just wait until it comes(like 2-3 days from now) to find out. If I am unhappy, I'll call them, however Apple has never ceased to amaze me with their products, so I'll just have faith in them
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Maybe 4th Motherboard is the charm... | Router Setup/Connection Problems »