New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - I did it

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

Well about a week back i asked a question about purchasign a mini, and many of you told me to get an imac. I went to the local apple store on tuesday after work, and the whole way there i was convincing myself that the mini was the way to go for me since it is cheaper and this computer is more of a filler until i upgrade to the mac pro.

I got there and began takling to a sales person and they tried to sell me on the 17 inch imac and i said no. As i was waiting for my mini to be brought out i got to playing with one and then i played with a 20 inch imac. I fell in love.

Needless to say i went home with a 20 imac 2.16 ggz core 2 duo. BEst choice u ever made. After using it for a couple of days, i may not need to upgrade to the mac pro jk. Only downside is that it only came with 1 gig of ram and crucial is out og 2 gigs. O well its minor.

Just want to thank everyone for you input and help.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

you wont be sorry with your choice! keep in mind if they guy was trying to sell you an imac there is a good chance he really did feel it was better for your needs.. Apple employees dont make commission.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
GrEeKy

GrEeKy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.16 GHz 1gb Ram 250gb Hard drive, Macbook 1.83 GHz 2gb Ram 120 gb Hard drive

great choice...you will be very happy
QUOTE Thanks
big ash

big ash is on a distinguished road

I should hopefully recieve my 24" imac this week, with 2.33 Ghz dual core, 3gb ram ,Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT 256mb video card, 500gb hard drive, wireless keyboard & mouse, and Final Cut Studio 2.

Oooohh, I can't wait.

Even iMovie does more than my current PC editing software.
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

I was going to get a 20" iMac when I was trying to decide on what to get, but I really wanted something portable so I went with my MBP.

When using the iMacs at school, it still makes me want a nice pretty iMac sitting on my desk, but oh well.
QUOTE Thanks
booboy

booboy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.16GHz 20"+Macbook 2GHz (unibody)+MacMini 2 GHz+iPod Touch 16Gb+more

Hey gomez1018.
Snap! I have done exactly the same thing! (Are you my long lost twin, by any chance?)
I even ended up with the same model as you.
Cost 1000 here in the UK, I wonder what they cost in the USA?
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

I did it about 7 months ago and I've loved it ever since. Never been sorry one day!

The 20" iMac's cost about $1500.00 in the U.S.A.

Enjoy, and come back to the forums often. It's a great place to hang out and learn more about your awesome purchase.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
Interstellar

Interstellar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD

I wonder why crucial would run out of 2GB sticks?
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboy View Post
Hey gomez1018.
Snap! I have done exactly the same thing! (Are you my long lost twin, by any chance?)
I even ended up with the same model as you.
Cost 1000 here in the UK, I wonder what they cost in the USA?
LOL......Ya it cost about $1500 but i also bought an ipod mini for my fiance (rebate so its free), dvi to mini dvi, apple care.

Also in regards to the ram from crucial. After I called them i got an email saying that my order had shipped and is due in today. I think they may just be back stocked and having trouble filling we border from thier website. SO call them if you cannot buy it online.

Again thanks for everyones help.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez1018 View Post
LOL......Ya it cost about $1500 but i also bought an ipod mini for my fiance (rebate so its free)
*Ahem* iPod nano. Sorry to be pedantic, but they are completely different things

Anyway, congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll love it.
QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
*Ahem* iPod nano. Sorry to be pedantic, but they are completely different things

Anyway, congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll love it.
O wow! good catch. lol.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac G3 As PC Monitor ? | G4 Mac Mini....Random Sleepyness. »