Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Desktops (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/)
-   -   Some Questions about mini\OS X Lepoard (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/68033-some-questions-about-mini-os-x-lepoard.html)

sadmac2012 07-03-2007 08:13 AM

Some Questions about mini\OS X Lepoard

i never had a mac before. played a ][gs and Garageband at my Local Apple Store 45mins from here. I Might get a mini come winter time but first i have Some Questions:

1: Will Future Mac Mini's Have Core 2 Duo?
2: If I buy additional RAM can any store install it or an Apple Store?
3: I have standard WiFi Connection. Do i need anything extra or will Mini pick it up?

4: is there a way to trade my Windows Games for Mac versions? like The Sims 2 and Sims 2 pets?

5: can i import wave/mp3/ogg/mp4? in to my loops?

6: i only want a couple of loops in a jam pack is there something i can do like $0.50 per loop?

7: i have a HDTV for a monitor... what's the highest format i'll see? (480p\720p\1080i)

Thats all i can think of now... Thanks!

cwa107 07-03-2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadmac2012 (Post 429950)
i never had a mac before. played a ][gs and Garageband at my Local Apple Store 45mins from here. I Might get a mini come winter time but first i have Some Questions:

1: Will Future Mac Mini's Have Core 2 Duo?
2: If I buy additional RAM can any store install it or an Apple Store?
3: I have standard WiFi Connection. Do i need anything extra or will Mini pick it up?

4: is there a way to trade my Windows Games for Mac versions? like The Sims 2 and Sims 2 pets?

5: can i import wave/mp3/ogg/mp4? in to my loops?

6: i only want a couple of loops in a jam pack is there something i can do like $0.50 per loop?

7: i have a HDTV for a monitor... what's the highest format i'll see? (480p\720p\1080i)

Thats all i can think of now... Thanks!

1: Only Apple knows for sure, however, it's very unlikely (just to keep the costs down).

2: You can install it yourself easily. Very simply procedure. I'm sure a computer store wouldn't mind separating your money from your hand either, but this is designed to be a user-installable part.

3: Yes, the Mini is equipped with an Airport card which is a standard 802.11 wi-fi device.

4: No, but you can always install Windows and play them there (assuming the Mini's modest graphics capabilities are able to run the game).

5 & 6: Don't know, hopefully someone else will jump in here.

7: It will display at whatever resolution you set it to. By default, it should pick the highest resolution available (1080i)

sadmac2012 07-04-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

1: Only Apple knows for sure, however, it's very unlikely (just to keep the costs down).
i'd Think that they could be somewhat up to speed with imacs

Quote:

2: You can install it yourself easily. Very simply procedure. I'm sure a computer store wouldn't mind separating your money from your hand either, but this is designed to be a user-installable part.
thanks... i did'nt know if there was a diffrence in Ram.

Quote:

4: No, but you can always install Windows and play them there (assuming the Mini's modest graphics capabilities are able to run the game)
Well i know that. because Aspyr Made Mac ports of Sims 2\Sims 2 Pets!

Thanks for your help.. for 1\4\5\6 i might ask at an Apple Store one day!

Alexis 07-04-2007 10:29 AM

The Mini could be axed or conversely, upgraded to Core2s in the near future.
Nobody knows.

jdmdelsol97 07-05-2007 09:05 AM

As far as the wifi on it goes...it doesnt pick up as good as a laptop does, you have to be somewhat near the mini