New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Power Mac 6500 - Monitor destroyed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tony fazio

tony fazio is on a distinguished road

I have a Power Mac 6500/250. The monitor was destroyed, and now I'm having the devil's own time trying to figure out how to access the text files on the computer. I believe the O/S was earlier than 9.2. (May it have been 8.5?) Is there an adapter or connector that would enable me to hook the computer up to another monitor? If so, please be specific because I've already been advised by two people to get the "doohickey" that would perform this task. The ideal solution would be to email myself the files, but failing this, I'd consider myself lucky just to be able to view them on a monitor so that I could re-type them into another computer. Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What you need is one of these.

DB-15 to VGA.

http://www.pccables.com/70023.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Z2-APPLE-MAC-MAC...QQcmdZViewItem
QUOTE Thanks
tony fazio

Thank you, dtravis7, but the problem is that I need the small end to be female and the large end to be male. Is there, perhaps, another solution?? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony fazio View Post
Thank you, dtravis7, but the problem is that I need the small end to be female and the large end to be male. Is there, perhaps, another solution?? Thanks.
Opps. Backwards for what you need. Will get back to you.

Here you go. I guess I was in a hurry and gave you a URL to a Mac Monitor to PC adapter. Sorry about that.

http://www.sfcable.com/cable/p/30D2-A2.html

http://www.sfcable.com/cable/p/30D2-B2.html

Sometimes the adapters with the Dip Switches work with more combos of Mac and PC monitor.
QUOTE Thanks
tony fazio

Okay, bear with me one more time. I bought both of the adapters, just to be safe, and they arrived in the mail the other day. My brother tried them on his monitor (he uses a Mac), with these results: The one without the dip switch gave a screen message that said Out of Range; the one with the dip switch gave the same message sometimes, and no signal others, depending on the settings. He doesn't know what the settings should be. Am I getting close?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

did you get the ones I gave you the URL's for? I just checked my old Mac collection and have a 6500/250 but it does not have the stock card for me to try. I will mess around and get back to you.
QUOTE Thanks
tony fazio

Yes, I do have the ones you specified: Mac to VGA DB15 Male to HD15 Female, and the 10 DIP Switch Mac to VGA. Both from SF Cable, part #s 30D2-A2 and 30D2-B2.
What's the stock card?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« firewire port and internet stopped working on IMac G5 | HDD upgrade advice needed. »