New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - just making sure....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ComfortMac

ComfortMac is on a distinguished road

before i sell them (because i hate to), that my Klipsch ultra 5.1 speaker system will not work on my brand new imac?

where's the windows button again!?!?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, ComfortMac.

I can understand you not wanting to get rid of your Klipsch speakers: typically they always get the best reviews for computer speakers.

This is an Intel-based iMac you are talking about? I am surprised the move to Intel would have prevented Macs from using those speakers. I went to the Apple store just the other day and they had Klipsch speakers connected to an Intel iMac.

Do you have an Apple Store or a good and knowledgeable Mac store close to your home? Maybe you could ask the sales people there. The only thing I can see is maybe the connector doesn't fit? You don't add reasons why they wouldn't work so this is a shot in the dark here. Or maybe you need an external sound card that would support surround sound: although I think the Intel iMacs have surround sound support.

Maybe someone else can drop in here and offer more ideas.
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

First question, not to be rude, but did you try them? Speakers are not specific to PC or Mac. You should be able to plug your iPod or any sort of device 3.5mm jack into them and they should work.
Make sure the volume is up and so forth. Test them on some other device if you think it's the computer is the problem.
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

The problem is that his model has three miniplugs, which means he won't be able to use all the channels of his speakers since the iMac only has a single audio output plug.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
The PSWii60

The PSWii60 is on a distinguished road

couldn't you get an adapter? Wouldn't that work? I don't know much about computers, but I'm sure they make an adapter that would work with that. Good luck :-)
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

How about Grffin's FireWave?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Got my new iMac | 32gb kit now available for Mac Pro »