New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - nvidia quadro fx 4500 video card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

designer22

designer22 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone bought a config with this high-end card? Despite the huge price difference from the ATI X1900, I'm considering it as I've read many posts here and elsewhere that view the ATI card as older technology....any opinions either way? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
pro-media

pro-media is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro 3Ghz Quad, 4Gb, QuadroFx4500,OSX10.4.10, 30"Lcd, 12" G4 PB, 1.33Ghz, 768MB Ram, OSX 10.4.9

Hi Designer,

I've Got a 3Ghz Quad-Core, 4Gb Ram and the QuadroFx4500.

I can't compare this Graphics Card to the ATi as i haven't used one in the MacPro, but from what i've read and what My Card does, is that if you want a Gaming Card go for the ATi, but if your into Graphics Intensive Work (AfterEffects, Cinema4D, Photoshop etc) and Have The Money go for the QuadroFX, when i use AfterEffects with some fairly big compositions, the Graphics card Does alot of the Work, i can't wait to pump more ram into it.

Again though, If your a gamer don't get the Quadro, if your a Video Editor/VFX User then it's the Best Card Available for the MacPro To Date.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Does Apple Remote work with old Power | Whats discs came with your G5 Powermac???? »