New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - Can I use them?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thakoolkat

thakoolkat is on a distinguished road

I have a 19'' lcd that I was using on my XP machine. I also have a wireless and a wired mouse. If I get a MBP, can I use these on the machine without any problems?
QUOTE Thanks
Odin_aa

Odin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the roughOdin_aa is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM

They should work fine, you would have to check the model of keyboard and mouse to see if they are compatible but every one I own works with them.

Even had an old 19" CRT hooked up to my PowerPC for awhile just to have 2 monitors. Depending on the connection type of your monitor you may need to pick up an adapter if the video card on the Mac Pro is a different style.

http://www.lightcafe.net

New servers, much faster than before
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

wireless and a wired mouse: What brands are they? You shouldn't have problem using them. Checkout there websites for compatibility.

For the LCD display, you might need a "mini-DVI adapter".($19 on Apple store)
QUOTE Thanks
thakoolkat

thakoolkat is on a distinguished road

They are both Microsoft, the mouse and keyboard.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'll be posting a lot more questions as I am in the process of buying a MBP.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

Screens are OK - I use VGA screens on mine, but you'll definitely need adapters. The Mac pro comes with one ADC -> vga adapter, and depending on the card you'd need either another ADC ->VGA, or a DVI -> VGA adpater for second screen.

They're not expensive - $10 or so. You'll only need to buy one if you want a second screen.

[edit] Wait, you're talking about a laptop . . . I think they're DVI out, and come with an adapter. Prob better to post in the MBP forum
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac G4 neck support and parts breakdown | Which Mac Pro configuration for video editing? and FCP studio 2? »