New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - New iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cblagburn

cblagburn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.4GHZ

Hello all...I have owned a MacBook Pro since August. Since January I have been considering getting a desktop as well. On Sunday I finally decided to take the dive. I bought a 20" iMac. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I have really enjoyed my transition fully to the Mac OSX world.

I first purchased an iBook G4 in January of 06...a week later they announced the introduction of the Intel chips in the Macs. I read in forums that these Intel chips would allow users to dual boot..while the people at the Apple Store obviously told me this would never happen I decided to return my iBook anyway. Finally in August I decided I would buy the MacBook Pro after letting some of the first generation kinks work themselves out.

Now that I have the iMac I have completely switched over. It is a wonderful thing. This iMac is probably the neatest looking designed machine I have ever owned. The few people who have seen it so far (who know very little about computers so they hadn't seen one) were in awe of it. Just thought I would share my new iMac excitement with you all!

P.S. I removed my Windows Partition from my MacBook Pro about two months ago and got rid of my Windows desktop at the same time...I'm completely free!

2.0 GHZ Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro
2.16 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo iMac 20"
80GB 5th Gen iPod
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

I've liked Macs for a long time but felt like I was stuck in the Windows world. When I heard Macs could run Windows I tossed by PC out the window. Ok, I sold it on eBay. I have the Windows partition and have used it twice in 3 months. Macs are great and feel the same happiness you do.
Thanks for sharing! And welcome to the forum. (This place becomes addicting!!)
Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Another "no windows" switcher. You'll never look back.

I'm excited with you...cuz I know how it feels! Enjoy!

btw, welcome to the Mac-forums. You'll find this a great place to discuss your new Mac and come back often it's nice to have you here.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
apple

apple is on a distinguished road

The amazing thing about Mac's is the swish and fancy animations and stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Yes, the iMac is a thing of beauty. I'm a recent switcher as well. My Dell 8200 is a very lonely dust collector now. The PC is there in case of the rare "need" to use it. The Mac is just so much more fun to use.
QUOTE Thanks
gilesjuk

gilesjuk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.

The only time I've need Windows is when a hardware device doesn't provide a non-Windows firmware update method.

But I've not used Windows at home since getting a Mac. I don't have a computer with Windows anymore.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Last August I had no Mac's now I have 2 iMacs... Isn't life great
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Doesn't get much greater than that!

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
pirrip

pirrip is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.

I'm on my second IMAC now, just got the 20 inch intel. I did throw my old pcee out the window, fed up with viruses and a poor OS. I've never been happier because I have to suffer windows at work and coming home to a real machine just makes you feel better. There are differences and I still get lost but you have a bunch of friends here who are always happy to help.
Use the Forum, It works.
QUOTE Thanks
captaindan

captaindan will become famous soon enough

I got my first Mac about three months ago got a 20" imac and I just love this machine sooooo much. It does everything I need it to do and more. No more blue screen of death. I still have a Windows machine I keep for the kids, and I don't care what they do with it. I will just reinstall every other month. funny thing is the kids beg me to use the Mac all the time. I don't blame them. When I get the money i will buy them one also. The Mac is just a well oiled machine, just does what it's suppose to do with out even a hic-up. I should have switched a long time ago.

I love my Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
EliteKilla01

EliteKilla01 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3

I know exactly how you feel. I bought my iMac in September of last year, and that has been the best purchase I've made so far. I got fed up with having to reinstall the whole Window OS on my old PC every five months. Mac OS X has been running great with no problems since my purchase. That's roughly about eight months. Switching was one of the smartest decisions I've made.
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

Welcome to the forum. I been a Mac user for awhile, although purchased a new Imac. I agree the design and speed are excellent. Enjoy!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac upgrade queries | imac & video cards »