New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - time for a new mac...almost

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mlecho

mlecho is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 800 mhz iBook G4- 12"

hi all...i have a bizillion questions about my future new macbook pro. I already know that it will be a tricked out 17", but the following are the 3 big questions to which i seek your counsel (feel free to answer one or all):
1- would you get apple care? or a different insurance? i travel a lot, have 15"powerbook for 3 years, and never had it....pressing my luck and hoping my USAA renters insurance is enough.
2-cloning...i know about superDuper and the others, but which is the best for data migration? and will i loose software licenses? And most of all, how does this software work when going from an older OS to a newer OS? i fear i will turn on my new macbookPro and see os 10.4, and not leapord (yes i will buy after leapard is available)
3-if you knew you were not going till buy till November, would you just wait till after MacWorld in January...just in case something big comes out???
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac Remote | Slow start up? »