Thread: time for a new mac...almost
05-21-2007, 06:10 PM #1
time for a new mac...almost
- Member Since
- Jan 16, 2004
- 800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
hi all...i have a bizillion questions about my future new macbook pro. I already know that it will be a tricked out 17", but the following are the 3 big questions to which i seek your counsel (feel free to answer one or all):
1- would you get apple care? or a different insurance? i travel a lot, have 15"powerbook for 3 years, and never had it....pressing my luck and hoping my USAA renters insurance is enough.
2-cloning...i know about superDuper and the others, but which is the best for data migration? and will i loose software licenses? And most of all, how does this software work when going from an older OS to a newer OS? i fear i will turn on my new macbookPro and see os 10.4, and not leapord (yes i will buy after leapard is available)
3-if you knew you were not going till buy till November, would you just wait till after MacWorld in January...just in case something big comes out???
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Don_H in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2014, 08:04 PM
By Aleese in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 22Last Post: 10-22-2013, 10:40 AM
By labeler in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 3Last Post: 11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
By dannylill1981 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:18 AM
By wavewuver in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 09-12-2006, 01:42 PM