GTR 2 on iMac 20" -- Will it work?
    Hello all. Newb here with a question. First let me say, I've been using Macs since my college days and I love them.

I'm looking to upgrade my current iMac to the new core duo 20". I'm not at all familiar with how the new systems work with Windows Apps so I was wondering if anyone had successfully installed and played the game GTR 2 on their Intel iMac. Below are the specs for the iMac and the recommended requirements for the GTR 2 game.

iMac 20-inch 2GHz Intel Core Duo
    512MB (single SO-DIMM) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    250GB Serial ATA hard drive
    Slot-load 8x double-layer SuperDrive
    ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128MB GDDR3 memory
    Built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth 2.0

GTR 2 Recommended Requirements:
    DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 256MB memory and DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Thanks!

Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    I had to look up what the game is you are asking about. It's a racing game right?
    Anyways, that's the same model I have. I have the RAM maxed to 2GB though. I've run Need For Speed Carbon on it through Windows without a problem. I had the settings all at max or close to it and it worked well. It wasn't sluggish at all. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem running the game.
    Bryan

January 2008 Member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
    I had to look up what the game is you are asking about. It's a racing game right?
    Anyways, that's the same model I have. I have the RAM maxed to 2GB though. I've run Need For Speed Carbon on it through Windows without a problem. I had the settings all at max or close to it and it worked well. It wasn't sluggish at all. I wouldn't think you'd have a problem running the game.
    Bryan
    Thanks Bryan. Yes, GTR 2 is a racing game, guess I should have mentioned that in my initial post.

Here's a clip for you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwIzbSG4MrQ

Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    It should be fine, as long as the min specs are for a 126Mb graphics card.

I have the RAM maxed to 2GB though. I've run Need For Speed Carbon on it through Windows without a problem.
    You're doing better than me. On my PC, it was fine until it suddenly wouldn't open nine times out of ten. The screen goes black and then crashes to the desktop. Then I eventually got it to start and it said my save game was corrupt.
    It's gone on ebay now. Apparently a lot of people are having the crashing to the desktop problem - it was rushed out for Christmas and is buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    You're doing better than me. On my PC, it was fine until it suddenly wouldn't open nine times out of ten. The screen goes black and then crashes to the desktop. Then I eventually got it to start and it said my save game was corrupt.
    It's gone on ebay now. Apparently a lot of people are having the crashing to the desktop problem - it was rushed out for Christmas and is buggy.
    Uh oh, are you talking about the 2.0 Ghz or the 2.16 Ghz?

I'm already having sleep issues with my 17" G5 1.67 Ghz so I'd rather not deal with any issues on a new one.

Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Sorry, I mean on my PC, not Mac, at home.

Thread Information