New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - My Quicksilver won't see firewire devices

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brusco

Brusco is on a distinguished road

I bought an external Lacie DVD burner (firewire). No matter what I do it won't mount on my desktop. I tried other devices (Lacie firewire ext. HD) but I had the same problem. It seems my firewire ports had a problem. I then bought a firewire card and installed it in slot 5. It showed up in my system profiler (slot 5). But still after trying and trying I can't get the DVD drive to show up on my desktop. I downloaded and ran all the Lacie software updates, etc.

The reason I bought the drive in the first place was to install Tiger 10.4.6 (DVD). My system is now at OSX 10.3.9. My G4 is a Quicksilver 733Mhz
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« drive tray won't open | upgrading my mac »