New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - Buying a MacMini. Few questions.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hustle

Hustle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD

Hey.

Well i moved to buying a Macbook a month ago now and i love it. I actually liked it so much, i want to get a Mac PC.

I currently have a Dell Dimension 3100 PC which sucks. I was thinking of saving up for an iMac, but with the price tag, they are about 700 here. (Sorry for the US, i don't know the conversion rate).

Instead, i thought as i have surround sound speakers, a 17'' Dell Monitor and a keyboard and mouse, i might aswell just buy the Mini. I can get one from eBay for 250. Which means a short wait and i can buy one. (a few weeks).

I just want to know are they worth buying. I don't do nothing to big. I have finalcut express on my Macbook (c2d 1.83 1gb) and it runs fine so i can use the Macbook for big demanding apps.

If i get a Mac mini, is there different versions. I know some have a G4 processor and some have core duo. Whats better? also, some have intel graphics and some have ATI 9100 graphics. How come?

Anything else i need to know? I neeeeeeeeeeed to get away from Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

attaching your monitor to your macbook doesn't sounds good to you?

You can use your dell monitor, no problem. Same with your mouse. I would buy an apple keyboard, as pc keyboards does not have the same keys configuration.

That's what I do. I have a mbp. way more powerful than a mac mini. I bought a 20" LCD monitor, apple wireless keyboard and mouse, and that's it. I have mobility, and desktop, with only one machine.
QUOTE Thanks
Hustle

Hustle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 1.83Ghz, 2GB Ram, 120GB HDD

Theres always people in my house who want to use the Macbook for something. Thats why i'd like to get a Mac PC. That and i want it all hooked up to my TV.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing a new HD on MacPro | Quick memory question »