New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - Tiger Install, no space? PowerMac G5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

atlfokus

atlfokus is on a distinguished road

I gave my friend my copy of Tiger 10.4 to install on his G5 (PPC)

The install went ok, but he is unable to download any of the updates, due to the system saying that he does not have any space available. He just wiped the drive and reformatted. Now when he goes to install the updates, when the window pops up that asks what drive to install on, it shows his HD with 137gb available, but it has the red "!" over it, and it says, not enough space. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

Anyhelp is much appreciated.

I think its a dual 2.5ghz Powermac G5.

This is the error message:

"installing this software requires 102MB of space

! You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirments for this update"

..pCe..
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlfokus View Post
I gave my friend my copy of Tiger 10.4 to install on his G5 (PPC)

The install went ok, but he is unable to download any of the updates, due to the system saying that he does not have any space available. He just wiped the drive and reformatted. Now when he goes to install the updates, when the window pops up that asks what drive to install on, it shows his HD with 137gb available, but it has the red "!" over it, and it says, not enough space. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

Anyhelp is much appreciated.

I think its a dual 2.5ghz Powermac G5.

This is the error message:

"installing this software requires 102MB of space

! You cannot install Mac OS X Update on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirments for this update"

..pCe..
Well, after a bit of searching I found this article:

Quote:
Cannot select a volume to install

When installing software via the Installer utility, the Installer may launch successfully, but when you get to the Installer's Select a Destination pane, you may find one of the following problems:

The volume that you intended to use to install your selected software is not displayed.
The volume icon is displayed but dimmed, so it cannot be selected.
The volume icon is displayed, but a Stop Sign symbol with an exclamation point overlaps the volume icon, indicating that you cannot install the software on that volume.
It came from this page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03fig08.jpg (17.2 KB, 7 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacPro's annoying humming noise | Newbie Help?? »