New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - mini in car

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mamba24

mamba24 is on a distinguished road

I am new to the forum and i am planning on installing a mac mini in my car, and i was wondering if you guys know any web sites or articles that help with the installation. Or if anyone has alreay done it and would like to share some information. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24 View Post
I am new to the forum and i am planning on installing a mac mini in my car, and i was wondering if you guys know any web sites or articles that help with the installation. Or if anyone has alreay done it and would like to share some information. thanks
GIYF. Google Is Your Friend.

Good luck to you!!!!

You say nothing of what you want to do with it, into what kind of car you're installing it, what you'll use for a display, or anything like that. I recall seeing stories on people installing computers in their cars.

<WARNING>You might go over to Slashdot (/.) and search there. I'll warn you that Slashdot is raw, rude, and raucous. While sometimes NSFW (Not Safe For Work), tech shops overlook even the worst of it. I recommend it only because if anyone has done it with a mini, they probably have something on it over there.</WARNING>

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

www.123macmini.com

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
turkeytaken

turkeytaken is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook - 2ghz Dual Core DVD+RW 512MB RAM, iMac G3 - 400 Mhz, 256MB RAM

That is a cool idea!

You would need to use a 12V to 120V Converter,

Thing is... if its only a small car, I would run it off a seperate battery as it would take alot of current of a small battery!
QUOTE Thanks
Kasumi

Kasumi is on a distinguished road

www.mp3car.com is a very good website look around there I think it has been done.
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Cool Article on the subject here: (CLICK!)

Picture from the Article:
QUOTE Thanks
Bill64

Bill64 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram

I have thought about doing something similar in my MKIV Jetta.....I may just tackle it this winter after the transmission swap..
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

My friend did it in his Explorer. It was really cool, but the only problem was that the resolution that he got out of his screen was pretty poor. Video worked well, but when trying to navigate through iTunes to find a song or trying to read text, there was great difficulty. He had a high-res Alpine screen too. Maybe by now there are better ones out that will yield a better result...

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Which speakers for MacPro | PowerPC to Intel »