New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Power Mac - eject button for opening dvd tray

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

davegoorn

davegoorn is on a distinguished road

Hi all
Im a relative newbie to macs. After owning a blue and white g3 (my first mac)for about 2 years with no problems it died on me..........so i have now gone and bought a g4 quicksilver everything works fine im using the B & W keyboard and mouse and have discovered that there is no way of opening the dvd drawer on the computer without using a key on the keyboard so now to my question
Is there a key on the blue and white keyboard i can use to open the dvd drawer
Many thanks in advance
Dave
QUOTE Thanks
Vlad

Vlad has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Dual 1.25 gig G4

I may be a bit late on this, but I hope it helps. On my daughters comp. using a non apple keyboard she uses f12 to open the disk tray. She disabled the dashboard default for f12. I don't know for a fact because mine is an apple keyboard, but I think you can keep the dashboard default and use f12 by holding down longer to open tray. If you have 2 devices then I i believe option f12 will open the second tray. Also there is a icon on my menu bar where you can open the trays using the mouse. I cant remember if I changed something to put it there or if it is always there. It's been to long since I added my second dvd burner. Memory like sieve

"If it don't stink don't stir it" - I'd be lost without my stick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Storage | ACD connection »