Thread: iMac G3 questions
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM #1
iMac G3 questions
- Member Since
- Jan 31, 2007
- Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
I have a few questions about the iMac G3. I will probably be buying one in the next year in order to set it up in my dorm room and use it solely for music and movies. Questions:
1. Is it safe to leave it on all the time? I'd like to use it for my alarm clock and music during the day as well.
2. Would an eyeTV hybrid work with one? If not, what would?
3. What is the footprint of the g3 like?
04-08-2007, 09:27 PM #2
- Member Since
- Feb 05, 2007
- iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
1. yes its safe...as long as u have a screensaver so u dont burn ur CRT out, and set the 'go to sleep' time to like 15 minutes.
2....not sure, sorry....
3. the g3 is large compared to todays computers, but is not unreasonably huge...the dimensions are about 15" x 15" x 17" and it weighs about 35 pounds....but the back half of the computer doesn't really touch the work surface, so u might not need a desk that largeiMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By marselsipod in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
By Minimadj in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM
By HearShotKid86 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2010, 06:42 AM
By aaronk_000 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 12Last Post: 05-06-2007, 04:22 PM
By cyberjazz in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-22-2006, 11:55 PM