New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - iSight defective ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SamCassidy

SamCassidy is on a distinguished road

A friend told me that apple announced that the built in iSight camera is defective. Mine quit working a few monts ago after a USB power overload, im not sure if I fryed anything but after that iSight hasn't worked at all. Are there any 3-rd party fixes or anything I can try ?
as far as i know one of my firewire ports and one of my USB ports are disabled from the overload, any idea how to fix this ?

thanks alot.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Did you contact Apple a few months ago when this happened?
If you are still under warranty, that should have been your first course of action.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Also, what caused this USB Overload? What happened? If ports blew something bad had to happen. Was it an external device plugged into one of the ports?
QUOTE Thanks
SamCassidy

SamCassidy is on a distinguished road

actually, I feel bad for admiting to this. I think the ports blew becase i have a usb input and firewire output cord and instead of pluggin my keyboard back into the usb input ( that was connected to my computer) I pluged in another usb that was connected to my computer. In a nut shell I connected my mac to it self. It then came up with an error message saying the there was a USB power overload and somthing or another was disabled. Im not sure if the ports just disabled themselfs or fried out. Would this effect my bilt in iSight ? I still have all audio recoring and such just no video and some messed up ports. And no, I didn't contact apple but my computer is still under warrenty.
QUOTE Thanks
awrence

awrence will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz

Beam me up Scotty.
Why would you need a usb input and firewire output cord? And why would you need an usb extension cord for a keyboard?
I am not sure if your warranty would cover this mishap.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I smell something burning! | Your opinions on 20-inch iMac »