New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Pro - Trackpad just freezes!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ayman07

Ayman07 is on a distinguished road

hello everyone. up till now i havent had any major hardware problem so far with my C2D MBP. but now i am worried about my trackpad. now when i am using it it somtimes just gets stuck. i mean the cursor will not move. it doesnt happen all the time but just sometimes. i find it really annoying cuz i would have to run my finger back and forth quickly and for a long period to get it back to moving again. is this a hardware issue that i am going to need to send back to apple? i just dont want it to keep happening. it doesnt happen any particular time just whenever it feels like it. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Rackman

Rackman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2 x 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon

The trackpad is very sensitive. If you are accidentaly touching it with 2 or more fingers (or any thing else) the cursor will stop moving.

Give it a try...Move the cursor with one finger and then touch the pad with a second finger while still moving the first finger and the cursor will stop.

If you are definetely only using one finger tip and the cursor stops moving, then it's sounds like a hardware probelm.

Good Luck
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

I've had this happen with my MB often. I assumed it was user error, but it drives me crazy!

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

why is this MacBookPro in the Mac Pro and PowerMac section ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« slow eMac. suggestions? | RAM Upgrade Help »