New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - My Imac G5 Ejecting disks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rtas09

Rtas09 is an unknown at this point

I am currently using my Imac G5..it used to play dvd's cd's music cds,etc..
Now..its not taking those dvds or cd's anymore, its just ejecting my Cd or DvD evertime i insert it. i dont no what i have done wrong can someone please help me?..if so thanks in advanced, and btw does mac need Idvd to be able to recognise my cd's or dvd's?:(
QUOTE Thanks
dan_beast

dan_beast is on a distinguished road

how old is your machine ? I have one of the first batches of those machines....The same thing happened to me, but only with my DVD's. My superdrive was knackered and needed replacing.
QUOTE Thanks
Rtas09

Rtas09 is an unknown at this point

umm its Imac G5 and ure probally right my superdrive is recked. its not old i got it last year 2006 start of that year lols. im really angry not because i like watching dvd's or cd's i hardly use it for that, the reason im angry is that i cant play world of warcraft and the holidays are coming up and there are NO other games for mac that are good lols.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« when do you think there will be new ones? | Burning Problems »