New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - Just put in RAM and have problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

UnKnownLogic

UnKnownLogic is on a distinguished road

Well, I just bought a nice little gig of RAM for my Mac Mini (intel solo), and I put it back together and now a whole plethora of things has happened. For starters, this formerly quiet machine now hums and whirs like there's no tommorrow,neither iDrum nor Logic will open, and iTunes litterally will not play music. What is wrong? neye: Please help!

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

did you check the system profile to see if the RAM is at the right size? if it's not, you may have a bad stick.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
UnKnownLogic

This is my hardware overview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware Overview
Machine Name: Mac mini
Machine Model: Macmini1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Solo
Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 1
Memory: 1.25 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.3f4
Serial Number: G863407QU35
L2 Cache: 2 MB
I originally had half a gig of RAM (512mg) and I took out half of that and replaced it with a gig.

That's all I know...
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

"Memory: 1.25 GB"

well that looks right then. you might want to try swapping them, into the opposite slots. if nothing else you'll be reseating them which may help.

also, it still could be bad RAM even if it does show up, it could be causing errors (i wonder if they would show up in the system log?).

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
UnKnownLogic

Oh wow, I totally screwed up on this one... I forgot to plug in a wire in the front... its fine now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« General Intel iMac Q | installing 2GB of ram into c2d imac 20"? »