New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Annoying disk images on G4 desktop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iangriffiths

iangriffiths is on a distinguished road

After downloading and installing new programs, i still seem to be left with the disk images on my desktop. Do i need these disk images in order to run the programs, or can i somehow get rid of them? If i cannot get rid of them, is there a sensible place to keep them? I am a relatively new mac user.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, iangriffiths!

We agree that .dmg files are installers? It's the same as with any other other installer: if you think they are worth keeping, in case you need to reinstall them, you can burn them to CD or DVD (btw, that's what I do, I burn all my installers to DVD along with my other files). If it's just a one time thing, you can safely delete them by dragging them to the trash and emptying the trash afterwards.

Just make sure your programs are installed for real before getting rid of the installers, otherwise you will have go through the download again.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
iangriffiths

iangriffiths is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your very prompt help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Small cd | Hooking iMac G5 into plasma? »